[tlug] Jiggling PDFs

I am looking at PDFs with the Evince viewer -- it's OK, in the ordinary sort of way, but (perhaps with a recent "downgrade") it has started hyperactice scrolling. If the mouse is outside the window it keeps scrolling up or down, for no reason, other than to irritate me. Does anyone know how to disable this (and every other stupid "feature" if possible)? I found a comment about clicking in the window, which stops it for a bit, but only for a bit.

Grateful for suggestions...
Brian Chandler