Re: [tlug] Suggestions for poor FTTH performance

Is this a recent Fleets package?,
As I previously had NTT Fleets service when living in West Japan and recently changed over to their newer packages...

What I had (in the past) was a high-speed wall socketed FTTH setup including VoIP telephone landline which rocked on at about 10Mbit bidirectional but I rate limited that between machines having a consistent 2Mb/sec rate across 4 different machines regardless of wired/WiFi connectivity.

What I currently have is an updated form of that with a WiFi "bridge" between 2 sets of machines
  and I can still transfer a full DVD image(single 4.7GB raw) /up to/down from/ cloud storage within approximately an hour...

so I would definitely question your settings again.

as for different speed rating sites...   I've been able to get inconsistent results from those.
  and that is using AmigaOS 4.x / Windows 7 or various Linux virtual machines on a gentoo host...
  or using either of my raspberry pi machines under ssh control.

so yeah...  look again at your settings and choose what's best from the simplest options you can setup.

That's all I can initially think of for you.

(my previous connection was between 6 people but only 4 actually used the connection,  and my current connection is shared between 5 people).

throughput is consistent for everyone here,  with speed remaining between 50%-100% of a DVD 4.7GB image in an hour. (more usually in the upper 95-98% range when not peak rate)
and that is always consistent for ~4 hour intervals.

Belxjander

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com