Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 03:49:46 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CL writes: > Whatsapp has end-to-end encryption once it is set up ... or so the > message says. Not only does it have end-to-end encryption, but it's far and away the best in the business (uses the same protocols and algorithms as Signal with a much more convenient UI) -- so says a list of about 70 crypto and infosec wonks including everybody you've ever heard of and a bunch you haven't. Google for "guardian whatsapp" and maybe "petition" if you want to find the list. As Curt mentioned, there are downsides to end-to-end encryption, but if those aren't important to you, WhatsApp is best-of-breed. (Signal's security may be slightly better against attacks from the server, but that's probably not a problem unless you've seriously pissed off the US government or other APT.)
- Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better: Whatsapp
- From: steve
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] hosting in Japan
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better: Whatsapp
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links