[tlug] New Hardware Problem

Trying to diagnose repeated total hardware shutdown after running about 40~45 minutes. Happens repeatedly and I can't seem to find any good reason for it. Maybe someone here can think of something else to try.

I replaced a number of items with brand-name parts following an unexplained death of my previous box on New Year's Day.

- Case (Corsair brand), mobo (ASUS brand full ATX), CPU (AMD FX 8-core) / CPU fan, and power supply (80 Grade) are all new.

- Memory (16Gb of Elixir brand DDR3 1600 -- 8Gb x 2), Nvidia HDMI video card (fanless Zotac w/4Gb onboard), HDDs (2 x 1Tb; 1 x Samsung 3.5 + 1x Toshiba 2.5 for backup), and 1 x ASUS DVD RAM/ROM drive are from the old box.

- Running Debian Jessie + WIN 10 in a virtualbox

- Both old and new machines use Realtek audio chips and it _appears_ as though the drivers are the same for both configurations.

- Motherboard configuration can see and describe both 8Gb memory modules, but says I have only 8Gb of memory installed.

Problem: After about 40~45 minutes of use, machine suddenly goes dead -- no power anywhere. Restarts immediately and runs fine for about another 40~45 minutes. Does not appear to be temperature or power related. Machine is powered off a power strip and I have checked the output voltage of the socket and it is a flat 100~102V.

When left running overnight, it stayed on throughout the night unattended. Today is a different story and I am trying to write a report. Have set automatic backup to 5 minutes for my sanity.