Re: [tlug] Organize a one-off technical meeting?

On 2016-10-07 14:59 +0900 (Fri), Andreas Kieckens wrote:

> Cool. I am actually very new to this thing myself so now I'm worried
> about saying something stupid. :) Seriously though, if I do say
> something stupid, it'd be awesome if you could call me out on it. I
> might walk away having learned something new that day.

Well, it seems to me maybe we should get collaborative on this, with
you driving the focus based on what kind of things you're trying to do
with music production software, and me providing both comments on that
and perhaps a little push towards what the majority of people using
this kind of stuff are looking for.

> I haven't used MIDI keyboards before so I wasn't planning to include
> that in my presentation. I would absolutely love the chance to play
> around with one but I'm not sure if there will be time in addition to
> the presentations. Maybe if it's not too much trouble to lug it around,
> we could hook it up a bit during the break?

Yes, we should get together with you, your laptop, and me and my
keyboard, laptop and some of my Windows software, and have a session
where we look at where everything stands. I can't really imagine doing
any serious music production without a proper input device.[*]

Poke me with a private e-mail and let's arrange a time and place.

[*]: Ok, I can, because I did some of my production back in the 80s
and 90s writing C code to convolve 256-byte audio buffers and
contempating notes in terms of hertz frequencies and millisecond
durations, but I have a strong suspecion that the vast majority of
musicians, and even people interested in music, don't work that way.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.