Re: [tlug] Organize a one-off technical meeting?

On 10/07/2016 02:43 PM, Curt Sampson wrote:
Re the music thing, I know quite a lot about music production (though
kinda old-school--I was a recording engineer back in the days of
tape), and have been poking gently at the modern stuff, though only
with a dedicated digital 8-track and on Windows. So I'd be quite
interested in seeing what's available on Linux, and I'm happy to bring
along a keyboard/pad/slider/knob control unit (Alesis QX49), if that
would be useful.

Cool. I am actually very new to this thing myself so now I'm worried about saying something stupid. :) Seriously though, if I do say something stupid, it'd be awesome if you could call me out on it. I might walk away having learned something new that day.

I haven't used MIDI keyboards before so I wasn't planning to include that in my presentation. I would absolutely love the chance to play around with one but I'm not sure if there will be time in addition to the presentations. Maybe if it's not too much trouble to lug it around, we could hook it up a bit during the break?