[tlug] Keyboard one-click switching

On my Linux Mint 17 (qiana) OS, I have a quick keyboard
switch pair of icons on my top panel. One is for a Spanish
keyboard, the other for a Japanese keyboard. My actual
keyboard is Japanese, but I know the keyboard layout for
the Spanish keyboard, so I just click that icon for typing in
Spanish, then click the Japanese keyboard icon for going
back to English and Japanese (ibus/anthy). I like the one-
click solution.

My newer machine has Linux Mint 17.1 (rebecca). Gnome
on both. I have added desktop launchers for the command
"setkbmap es" (or jp) but I can't remember how I got those
desktop icons onto the panel. So now it is a three-click
solution (desktop icon, keyboard icon, desktop icon). Four,
if you count the double clicks on the keyboard icons.

When I created the launchers, I agreed to have them put
into the menu, thinking I could add them to the panel from
there. I was told they would initially be placed in the
category "other". But I can find no such category in the menu.

I don't remember how I got them onto the panel before.

Any help?

Thanks,
Ralph Sumner