Re: [tlug] Help with HDD mounting problem

> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/C63403D43403C701 /mnt/C63403D43403C701 auto
> nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show,noauto,x-gvfs-name=Tsubasa 0 0

I think you need to just comment out that line in /etc/fstab. (put # at
the start of the line) (you will need to be root)

(Or change the "auto" to "noauto".)

> * -> WITHOUT the HDD it is the same, except for the last two lines.

Oh, hang on... do you mean the contents of /etc/fstab change
automatically depending on whether you have the drive attached or not?

That is weird: I think udev is used to handle new drives, but I thought
that was an alternative to /etc/fstab, not something that would write to
/etc/fstab.

But I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I'll shut up here :-)

Darren