[tlug] CentOS-7 and fcitx

As some folks have mentioned fcitx and how they like it better than
ibus, I thought I'd mention I got it working on CentOS-7.  (Didn't try
on CentOS-6.)

I have it detailed on https://srobb.net/jpninpt.html in the CentOS-6 and
7 section, but in a nutshell, OpenSuSe has a fcitx source rpm which
creates most of the necessary rpms, then I found an fcitx-anthy rpm for
Fedora-20. (Which isn't easy to find anymore.)

These rpms are working on an up-to-date CentOS-7.2 install, but I have
no idea if they will survive updates.

Anyway, if anyone wants them, let me know, preferably off-list, at
scottro11 at gmail.  To be honest, I haven't noticed much difference.  I
didn't try with mozc--though Fedora users, that page also mentions how
to use mozc with fcitx on Fedora, once again using an OpenSuSE rpm.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6