Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] SSDs (was: Memory upgrade and CPU bit-width question)
- Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 17:15:12 +1100
- From: Jim Breen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] SSDs (was: Memory upgrade and CPU bit-width question)
On 01/01/2016 10:54 am, "David J Iannucci" <email@example.com> wrote:
> So now, because I've also got a sweet new SSD, I'm just gonna do a fresh
> install of Gentoo onto the SSD and make it a 64-bit system all at once.
> Can't wait for the result :=)
> Anyone who has read this far and has hints and dos-and-donts related
> to any of this, esp. the transition to SSD, I'd be very grateful to
> hear them!
I replaced my wife's Windows system in July, and on the recommendation
of a couple of well-versed people put in an SSD as the system drive, and
retained the HDD for user data. Apparently the old limits on R/W cycles
for SSDs has gone now.
The new system boots and starts apps like lightning, and so far has been
very solid. If I ever build a Linux desktop (I use a notebook), I'll do the same.
[FWIW the system is on Windows 7, I'll decide in a few months whether to
move to 10.]
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack
- Next by thread: [tlug] [announcement] *shinnenkai* January 29 nomikai meeting
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links