Re: [tlug] Japanese input method

On 2015/09/07 19:05, Scott Robbins wrote:
On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 04:21:46PM +0900, Thomas wrote:
On 2015/09/04 1:58, Raymond Wan wrote:
Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:
Clicking on the little keyboard icon in the right lower corner DOES
switch between "keyboard" and "mozc", but this has absolutely no effect
on the input method.

Good afternoon
The little keyboard icon is now gone too - and after hours of toiling I
still cannot bring it back.
So, there is no clicking to switch between modes of any kind, including
"direct/hiragana".

Is there a trick to bring the icon back?
I haven't been following the thread that closely but if you're using fcitx,
you may need to try reinstalling fcitx-ui-qimpanel.

That's just a guess though.

That brings up a penguin icon with Chinese interface.
And according to

http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html
That is supposed to be deleted.

However I do not read Chinese.
And that icon does show  - as before - what kind of input method is used.

Based on these experiences, I tend to think that ibus is/was better after all.
I will probably try to go back there and see if I can make that work.
Thomas