Re: [tlug] Software center gone

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:34:42 +0900
Thomas <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:

> > You had a crash, and probably one of the files that manage your installed
> > packages got corrupted. You can compare this to the corruption of
> > the software database on windows, which would mean you have to completely
> > reinstall the machine. On Linux you at least have a chance to fix that,
> > if you know which knobs to turn.

> Good afternoon
> Given the fact, that these "disasters", crashes etc. happen constantly
> every five minutes,
> during the most trivial operations ....
> I REALLY would like to know some of those "emergencey knobs".

I don't think there is an emergency knob as you would like to have.
Unix like systems pride themselves with being extremely predictable.
Predictable to the point where doing something wrong will destroy
your system. I know how that feels, having destroyed my linux system
a couple of times as well. But I can tell you, that over time, you
will learn and understand how the system ticks and what are wise moves
and what aren't.

			Attila Kinali

--
I must not become metastable.