[tlug] [SOLVED] Re: fcitx in Fedora

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:12:16AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 10:10:44PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > Does anyone use fcitx in Fedora?  There's no English documentation that I
> > can find.
> >

> > While I'm at it (though I've done no research of my own yet with this one)
> > if anyone's gotten it working with FreeBSD-10.x, that would be good too.

The trick to getting fcitx working in Fedora seems to be editing one's
$HOME/.config/fcitx/profile file and making sure that it reads anthy:True
as opposed to the default of false. In the next day or so, I'll put this on
my page.  And just in case there's someone searching, and we all know how
we hate to find  something saying nevermind, I fixed it, the way to get it
working in FreeBSD is to install from ports, make sure you have a few
fonts, then follow the instructions given when you run pkg -D -x.  Also, at
least when using it with dwm, one has to again edit their
$HOME/.config/fcitx/profile and this time change mozc to true.  This seems
to only stick if you first close X and edit the file.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6