Re: [tlug] Looking for Summer Internship in Japan

On 13 March 2015 at 07:57, Dave Evans <dave@example.com> wrote:

>   I want to reply to the intern-taking aspect of this thread.  Note that I am speaking for myself, and not as a representative of my employer.

I formerly worked for Dave's current employer, and we actually had
interns every year, for around three months, as part of an intern
exchange programme with a Canadian university.

I think you should aim for multinational companies, not Japanese ones,
as they tend to be much more open to interns. I would say that every
dev team in every non-Japanese company for which I've worked would
welcome a bright programming intern for any period of two months or
more.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Josh