[tlug] Thinkpad Trackpointer Kubuntu

System info:
HW: Thinkpad x240 Japanese Keyboard,
Kubuntu 14.04 LTS
Primary language English, switching to Japanese-English by Ibus-Anthy

Working with a mouse works very well. Trackpad runs somehow but I cannot work with a Trackpad thus
want to use the Trackpointer and the 3 Buttons. It is for the Trackpointer that I bought this machine.

Problem:
I cannot get my Trackpointer with the left, middle and right button running properly.

There are good descriptions for ArchLinux, but I am running Kubuntu.

I appreciate hints on where I can find information or just information on the best way to solve the
problem.