Re: [tlug] Is Japan closer to U.S. or ...?

Darren Cook writes:

 > Ilya's book is worth a cover-to-cover read, but this section covers the
 > importance of latency:
 >
 > (The context is that this is http 1.1, and a major motivator for the
 > development of http 2.0)

I think we can trust Curt Sampson to understand latency, and if you
can't trust Jim Breen on the subject, you're just incapable of trust
and maybe should get counseling for the condition.[1]

The point of the questions is that without more justification than a
textbook and a swipe at HTTP 1.1, you're in Root of All Evil territory.[2]

Footnotes:
[1]  The other poster to the thread is an occasionally amusing crank.

[2]  "Premature optimization is the root of all evil (or at least
most of it) in programming." -- D. E. Knuth