Re: [tlug] Laser printer for Linux

On 11/21/2014 10:59 AM, rost52 wrote:
> I need to buy a new printer and consider to get a small color laser printer.

> I appreciate information about which maker provides for which laser printer Linux drivers. Any
> additional comment and hint is highly appreciated as well.

Reinhold, I agree with Charlie that HP has good drivers and customer service, though I only have experience with the inkjet models.

I have also had excellent results using a Brother (inkjet) printer and Brother printer drivers. Those models also have discount cartridges and refill cartridges. I have not used a laser printer with linux but were I to do so, I suppose I would consider either HP or Brother. I would not buy Canon or Epson.

--Ralph