Re: [tlug] (off-topic) Unlimited data plan (mobile internet access) in Japan

On Wednesday, September 03, 2014 01:57:25 PM Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> There is no connection whatsoever between magnitude of revenue and
> profitability (which is a boolean defined as sgn(profit)).  (Well, in
> historical terms large firms usually get that way by being profitable
> and thus being able to reinvest the profits -- the Japanese way! -- as
> well as attract new investment.  But that doesn't mean that they'll
> stay that way.)

By all measures and figures, NTT being 3rd in the world (more than 2x "SoftBank", Japan's second). Still ahead of China Telecom and the likes in the region (Googling ends here).

You probably got my point there they steering the market/consumers, not the other way around. Like everywhere else. Until one day perhaps Google also laying the fibers and break the model.

Thanks.