Re: [tlug] (off-topic) Unlimited data plan (mobile internet access) in Japan

mID:<5404E08F.8010502@example.com> =====[ Seg 01 Set 2014 18:19:04 BRT ]=====
> You're comparing apples and oranges. wi2-300 is for using in cafes,
> restaurants, hairdressers, etc. I suspect it is partly subsidized by the
> shops.
>
> And it is public wifi, with all the security risks that entails.
> (wi2premium_club connections are encrypted, but I'm betting the routers
> are sitting on an open shelf in the kitchen areas...)
>
> Having said that, it *is* not just cheap but good. Fast enough and they
> don't block ports (so SSH works, the secure SMTP/POP ports work, etc.)

Like I mentioned before, gaijins like look no further than:

http://www2.boingo.com/wifi-plans/laptop/boingo-asia-pacific/

These people partner with anybody Wi-Fi... One shared login. From Narita
Kokusai Bus, to the underground, to NTT whatever Wi-Fi, including that
one Darren also mentioned (wi2-300) for JPY1K/month, no strings attached
and a hotspot mobile app finder.

Cheers.
--
                SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /