Re: [tlug] VPS providers in Japan

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 03:54:26PM +0200, Josh wrote:
> On 19 August 2014 15:24, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> > You mention various Linux flavors, will there be FreeBSD instances
> > available?  My current place is actually (vaguely) considering doing
> > something in Asia, but we're very FreeBSD centric.
>
> EC2 has loads of FreeBSD "Community AMIs", which are images that have
> been built by someone and are provided free of charge to any EC2 user.
>
> If you don't trust the community, you can roll your own:

> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2014-02-16-FreeBSD-EC2-build.html

We're aware of that--one of our guys has done that.  This is more along the
lines of, I saw the post, thought, Gee, we're talking about this on
occasion, rather than, Gee, how can we set one of these things up in Asia.
Management has repeatedly ignored my suggestion to send me, with my wife as
translator.  For some reason, such suggestions are met with laughter. :-(

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6