Re: [tlug] Any graphics experts here?

> I am trying to print some sheet music using an online printing service
> [...] error message complaining that it is not 'greyscale'...
>
> All searches seem to lead to Imagemagick, which isn't really the
> job,

The good tool to process Ps/PDF files is ghostscript or one of its
frontend scripts. They do on the command-line some of the things
Illustrator or Acrobat can do in a GUI.

For you it could be:

    ps2pdf -dColorConversionStrategy=/Gray
           -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceGray
           -dAutoRotatePages=/None
           -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress rgb.pdf gray.pdf

I tested on one of my files, it seems to work; you can play with the
options listed at http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.14/Ps2pdf.htm

--
Nicolas LIMARE
http://nicolas.limare.net/                         pgp:0xFA423F4F