Re: [tlug] High-quality pan-CJK typeface from Google+Adobe

OK,

Frank Hoffman, who manages the Korean Studies list and web site,
wrote back to me with the following. I suspect that  you might not
have an answer, and if that's the case, I'll write to my friend at
Adobe. -- Chuck

Ken Lunde from Adobe has already answered me with this:

---------------------------------
Dear Chuck

Chuck,

I am the architect of the glyph sets and everything that went into assembling these fonts, for both the Adobe- (Source Han Sans) and Google-branded (Noto Sans CJK) versions. It was a boatload of work. I am effectively the maintainer of the project.

With that said, we're aware of issues with MS apps. If that person is using OS X 10.8 or greater, I suggest trying the OTCs, which put up four fonts in the font menu, one for each supported language.

In any case, please feel free to forward the issue, or have the person post it as an issue in the GitHub repository. See:

  https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/issues

Ken

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan