[tlug] Scanner not found

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

 >  > Funny thing is, when I run "lsusb" I get "Bus 003
 >  > Device 002: ID 04f9:01f2 Brother Industries, Ltd."
 >
 > That would be something like "brother3:bus3;dev2".

It occurs to me that it's possible that the kernel and sane's usb
driver have different numbering systems, one being 0-based and one
being 1-based.  You shouldn't get bus4;dev1 out of that (unless *both*
numbering systems are inconsistent across bus and dev), but there are
several alternatives to bus3;dev2 that come to mind.