Re: [tlug] USB3 hard disks

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 22:43:35 +0900
Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:

> Clonezilla is for backup of systems, not files (e.g. photos), although
> to a hammer everything looks like a nail, so one can use it. (...)

Well, it would be more accurate to say that Clonezilla is meant for cloning drives or individual partitions. Clone != backup, but in the right circumstances it might rescue you from the same hell. Too bad you don't get to choose the circumstances!

> I call it "lazy backup".

As my mentor would say: "It's better than nothing, but not by very much." I'm sure it's enough for your use-case, but I wouldn't recommend it for vital data.