Re: [tlug] Fwd: Re: Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>>  > ... Because if there is one thing we can do to blow this up
>>  > overnight is to associate Linux with some anti-market,
>>  > anti-capitalism sort of thing...
>>
>> Not gonna happen, so don't worry about it.  Linux is firmly embedded
>> in the pro-corporate, pro-(venture-)capitalism matrix by now.
>

> Indeed. In fact, I just read the results of a Java developer survey in which
> 26% of developers use Linux as their OS! This is compared to 24% who use
> MacOS.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/ZeroTurnaround/java-tools-and-technologies-landscape-for-2014-image-gallery
>
> In this same survey, 68% of respondents are using J2EE (the "Enterprise
> Edition" of Java, *gag*), so this is a very capitalist crowd.

Would not it better to consider this discussion as "off-topic"?
I can get "gratuit" food from associations (which people are surely
not anti-anything). Maybe some of you give
"free" food, clothes, others (the "free beer") to others.

AFAIK, the TLUG association is not about "free beer".

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.