Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

There is this one thing I'd like to say about the original thread subject;

Although I deploy " LibreOffice " in my network with confidence that it took
over from the OpenOffice project, which I used since my day-1 at Linux world
(circa 1998) and I know, yet-to-be-defunct, first time I heard the word
"libre" I found an unfortunate mistake.

Problem here is this being a key project to the Linux environment. Never quite
understood what they meant by "libre". Free from corporate culture perhaps?
Why not " FreeOffice ", then? Like " FreeNAS " and other frees... Now people
talking about " LibreSSH " makes me wonder and actually worry what these
people want to state by "libre". "Libre" as some reactionary word?

... Because if there is one thing we can do to blow this up overnight is to
associate Linux with some anti-market, anti-capitalism sort of thing... China
just recently retaliated M$FTWinXP's end-of-life with a ban on Windows v.8
for their government computers. That is to say, a landmark opportunity for
Linux desktop ( http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/ubuntu-kylin ) but hopefully in
a responsible manner.

That's one Linux aspect I've always felt quite uneasy about.

Anyways. Fernando.