Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) issues

On 17 May 2014 21:00, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 16 May 2014, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
>
>> When I powered it up again all seemed well, until I discovered most of the
>> keys in the ZXC... row and below no longer worked. [...] Then I
>>
>> ordered a replacement keyboard for the Compaq, which I have just
>> installed.
>> All is back the way it was. An expensive cup of coffee.
>
> Just for fun, you could try soaking the broken keyboard in clean water
> overnight, then letting it dry completely for several days. It may well
> work, as there's a good chance that your broken row just has some dried
> coffee gunk shorting out a couple circuits.

Not sure I need quite that much fun  8-)

Anyway:
(a) I'd have to retrieve it from the bin (and I think I dropped something
heavy in later);
(b) I'd have to take out the good new one to try it out. There's enough
that can go wrong with all that fiddling; not to mention the myriad of little
screws.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University