Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On 05/15/2014 10:57 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
Have you tried a user agent switcher for a Linux browser? Firefox, for example, has the aptly-named "User Agent Switcher" extension. I believe there are similar things for Chrome and other browsers. Often that is enough to get into sites that try to block browsers unnecessarily. __
I've had User Agent Switcher installed for years, as well as Default User Agent and Quick Locale Switcher, and a couple more that I was given and told to activate when I log into specific sites. But, there are a couple of sites I use that have some (or several) protocol(s) that see through these add-ons pretty easily and tell the server that you're not reporting your OS or location honestly. And then it boots you off, unless the Admin has told it that you're okay and it should play nice. Life at the paranoid end of the spectrum is ... different.

--
CL