Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

I use LibreOffice for privately viewing Japanese documents in Calc, Writer and
Impress.

However, I don't create documents using LO as people usually expect files in the
Microsoft Office file formats. As there is already trouble when just viewing
documents in Writer -- incorrectly formatted ruby, frames and buggy handling of
vertically written text come to mind --, I dare not release Word documents
created or edited in Writer in a professional context. Similarly, I don't trust
Calc to handle complex Excel files well, either. The same applies to Impress.
Thus, I default to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint if office formats are required.

If I have the choice, I use LaTeX for all text documents anyway.

Best regards,
Jens.