Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!

On 03/20/2014 08:50 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
Inflight internet access is there since quite some time,
I could have used it at last years flight in May from Munich
to Tokyo:

Dear Christian, indeed. Were they advertizing anything regarding expected data throughput? I mean, any download/upload speed info?

Once heard that " Inmarsat ", same company getting a lot of publicity these days for all the wrong reasons is almost a monopoly as a backbone provider. Checked their website and the new featured system promises up to 50mbps per (air)ship.

Considering the sat technology I once knew could only offer decent download but not upload, for your average 250-300 passenger plane, if they manage to sell it for 10% of their customers, you do the math.

Regards,
--
                 SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /
      suporte@example.com # +55-21-4042-4010 [@GMT-3]