Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!
- Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:58:44 -0300
- From: "[SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!
- References: <532B1583.email@example.com> <20140320235003.GA22153@fluxcoil.net>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
On 03/20/2014 08:50 PM, Christian Horn wrote:Inflight internet access is there since quite some time, I could have used it at last years flight in May from Munich to Tokyo:Dear Christian, indeed. Were they advertizing anything regarding expected data throughput? I mean, any download/upload speed info?Once heard that " Inmarsat ", same company getting a lot of publicity these days for all the wrong reasons is almost a monopoly as a backbone provider. Checked their website and the new featured system promises up to 50mbps per (air)ship.Considering the sat technology I once knew could only offer decent download but not upload, for your average 250-300 passenger plane, if they manage to sell it for 10% of their customers, you do the math.Regards, -- SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com # +55-21-4042-4010 [@GMT-3]
- Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!
- From: Christian Horn
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Open Access Journals
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] Hope I get some on my next flight to Japan!
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links