Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc.imbeault@example.com> wrote:
> It would make more sense to just warn library users if they were being
> noisy instead of a blanket policy to ban all computer use though.

It actually depends on the Library.  Here's a few links I got from
googling "図書館 パソコン":

This guy made a hobby of visiting all libraries in Tokyo and he said
some allows it and some don't.

http://tokyo-toshokan.net/00000035.htm

Minato-ku Libraries have special corners/rooms for PC use, and some of
them even provides electric outlets for PCs.

https://www.lib.city.minato.tokyo.jp/j/guide2-2.html

Fukuoka-shi Libraries explicitly states that PC use in general seats
is not allowed (well, "we politely request you not to" in Japanese), but
they do have PC corners/rooms too.

http://toshokan.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/faqs/detail/38

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>