Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

> In other words, a library is like a movie theater, for entertainment
> only?  Studying and taking notes, computing examples, crossreferencing
> to web resources not allowed?

I agree but I can see how this policy might have come about. One person
with an awfully loud clackity-clack typing style? We have one person at my
office some have nicknamed 'The Woodpecker' ... so I know how bad it can
get and would definitely not want that person typing in a library.

It would make more sense to just warn library users if they were being
noisy instead of a blanket policy to ban all computer use though.