Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

On 01/16/2014 11:20 AM, Darren Cook wrote:
Hello "C", I should've replied to your email yesterday, sorry. I do have my U.S. and Japan Kindle accounts linked. I've bought lots of other e-books from Amazon U.S. The point, about this one particular kindle book, is that Amazon were not allowed to sell it outside the U.S., at the publishers request. Nothing to do with IP address, currency, etc.

Kindle Store has a function that allows you to make special requests for additional unavailable content SOMEWHERE in the "user friendly" (sic) help pages. Have you tried asking them to request that the publisher issue a one-off? Or, have you considered asking the publisher directly? Some of them do release copies on a case-by-case basis. It depends on the publisher and the content, but I've had success with that ... once. At that time, I was able to assure the publisher that I wanted the book in the original English and there was NO chance that I was going to buy the translated and "localized" copy. YMMV.

--
CL