Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

Hmm..20%+ of the budget is interest payments on the debt, another 25% or so is social security and a bankrupt health system.
Nothing to do with roads or navy, and the police are pretty much useless anyway.  Schools? I would prefer private schools were less regulated and hence cheaper.
Nearly 60% of the record budgets is debt funded.

Cutting pork barreling won’t make the situation worse. What we need is a default on the debt, and start afresh.
There is no other way (apart from high inflation which is the more politically correct way and exactly what
Abe is trying to achieve).

So, trying to get a few more billions by taxing small business that create the jobs (and large) addition consumption tax on
the licenses etc they buy from overseas, isn’t going to help anyway. This isn’t just for companies that sell into Japan, but
any company that buys from abroad will have to fork out the tax instead.

But it will make some people think things will get better, and get the government some votes.

Jason