Re: [tlug] Renowned reseller of used/2nd-hand ThinkPads in Tokyo?

Edward, Fernando,

thank you for your input. Indeed, I'm looking for a "business" Thinkpad with
rollcage. be-stock looks promising. I'm going to look through their sortiment
carefully; I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a used device for the
first time.

As for the hard disk, I always benchmark and SMART-monitor the hard drives of
laptop I purchase and in that regard have on multiple occasions turned in the
machine to get just the hard drive changed. Although that has happened with a
"consumer" Thinkpad x121e too (surprisingly came with a Seagate and not a
Hitachi hard disk), I actually expect to have to exchange the hard disk for a
new one. Given that new Thinkpads of that class sell for >> 10 万円, the price
of the SDD/HDD would be a non issue.

Thanks again.

Jens.