Re: [tlug] Renowned reseller of used/2nd-hand ThinkPads in Tokyo?

Fellow TLUGer,

Jens Oliver John wrote:
> Could someone recommened a reseller he has already bought from or knows? Of all
> the Tokyoites I know 2/3 use Apple products and 1/3 anything else but Thinkpads.

I tried to buy one back in June last year and the guy refused to sell me
because I couldn't speak Japanese. Happened in Akihabara. Guy was a
street vendor, walking the main street north, right hand, 3 to 4 blocks
from station's west exit. Should have reported him to the nearest KOBAN
post probably.

Furthermore, think twice before buying used portable electronics. Do you
plan to check S.M.A.R.T. data on the unit before hand? Not every drive
reports "G" excess, etc.

Regards.