Re: [tlug] refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

Simon Cozens writes:

 > Ironically, perhaps the one thing that has really advanced the
 > printing experience in Linux [*] was the adoption of CUPS by an
 > evil, proprietary fruit-flavoured computer company,

That's hardly ironic any more, given how much various evil proprietary
companies of various flavors have contributed to the FS experience
(ICU, X Consortium, CUPS are three examples immediately to hand).  Not
to mention BitMover, which taught Linus all he needed to know about
VCS, after which git was a SMOP.

What's ironic is that the mouse-brained hero of free software doesn't
use the GNU kernel ("HURT", I think it's called by those familiar with
it, a recursive acronym expanding to "HURT of Unrelenting Real
Trouble"), instead using Linux, while that same EPFFCC has a kickass
OS based on the same microkernel as GNU's, with a number of pioneering
features. :-(