[tlug] Your computer is speaking your private key out loud?!

It is not April 1st so I'm a bit stuck here:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/12/new-attack-steals-e-mail-decryption-keys-by-capturing-computer-sounds/

I fully understand how the sound of your CPU will change when under
load. I therefore understand how by listening to computer noise you
could tell when a user is decrypting an email.

Where I'm stuck is how that allows you to steal a 4096-bit private key.
It seems, at best, you could not get any more information than the CPU
line I see when running top?

Darren