Re: [tlug] Making an Android device bilingual

On 12/14/2013 04:06 PM, steve wrote:

Do they allow you to use the standard google Japanese IME?  That's what
I use on my Nook HD+ and Nexus and it works fine.  The Paperwhite only
gives access to the keyboards Amazon supples (ATOK??) but that seems
adequate for the trivial stuff I do on that e-reader.

The so called 'FireOS' used on Kindles is a lot less customizable than
stock Android. You cannot install a new input method/keyboard, change
the launcher or install a browser from the app store. That's presumably
to make it easier to use...

If you are lucky a Bluetooth keyboard would work with the built-in
Japanese IME, if not, not many options if you don't want to root the
device.