Re: [tlug] Ibus and Ubuntu based

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> This time, it seems to work as normal. I'm not sure if I missed anything,
> or if I just ran into a few one time things.
>
> This time, I installed Lubuntu 13.10 64 bit on a VM, added Japanese
> support.  The only difference was that I started with ibus-anthy (which is
> installed when I add Japanese) and everything just worked.  Wondering if it
> was a mozc issue, I then ran ibus-setup again, removed anthy and put in
> mozc and again, everything just worked, including libreoffice.  So, it
> seems that I might have overlooked something on the problematic ones, but
> I'm not sure what.  Anyway, seems that it's working properly on Lubuntu
> now. This time, there was no need to install xubuntu-desktop, everything
> worked out of the box.

On an install (Kubuntu) that had been working for some time, Japanese
input suddenly stopped working, until I selected another input method
than Anthy (I need to check which one it was).  On that particular
install, in desperation, I installed a lot of Japanese input related
things, including two or three different methods than Anthy.  I'm away
from that machine at the moment, but in any case, its current status
is Anthy-dead (for unknown reason), and [some other] input method
working.  There seems to be ever more black magic involved in getting
Japanese input to work....

Lyle