Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 07:29:17AM +0900, CL wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 12:31 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > So, once started, I was able to enter Japanese in konsole, rekonq, and
> > libreoffice. (With libreoffice, I first went to to Tools, options,
> > added support for Asian Language, and chose Japanese as the default
> > Asian language.
> Apologies if it seems as though this thread can't die a natural death.
>
> Scott,
>
> Which version of LibreOffice was used in this test?  I cannot enter
> Japanese text in LibreOffice and cannot find the setup references you
> mention in the configuration pages for 4.0.22 (running on Kubuntu
> 13.04).  Can you recall what else you may have done to convince
> LibreOffice that accepting Japanese was a Really Good Idea (tm)?

Usually, in  both Open and Libre, there's Tools, Options and Language
Settings under Options.  If you click Languages, there's an otion to add
Asian language support. I don't have that kubuntu install anymore, I just
set it up briefly as test.  However, looking at a Lubuntu Raring
installation, running libreoffice, also 4.0.2.2, I go Tools=>Options and
see Language Settings. and click Languages, if I then click Show UI
elements for East Asian writings, I have an option to choose Japanese as
the default Asian language.

Heh, and I see that I can't get Japanese working with it right now.  It's
amusing that such an in theory user friendly Linux can't get this right
while it's easy to do in FreeBSD.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6