Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi Lyle,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> Reboot after second full installation - still no Japanese input.  The
> really frustrating thing is that I was able to set up my computer with
> almost no problems before, but it's not working now.  Could it be that
> something in the updates has broken/damaged something and made things
> harder?  I'm thinking maybe I should have tried to get Japanese input
> going before doing the updates...

I've certainly have had less problems than you using the latest
versions of Ubuntu.  (Several versions ago, it was a nightmare; I gave
up getting an IME altogether!)  However, I use gnome...perhaps that's
the problem?  Maybe you could do an Ubuntu install but select KDE as
the graphical environment.  Or you can install both gnome and KDE and
see if it's easier to get it with one over the other.

Ray