Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM, s smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 08/25/2013 11:49 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>> Shy on time today...  running ibus-setup brings up a box, but
>> "Japanese" setting is grayed out.
> Make sure you have the 'japanese language' checked in system
> settings->language support->install/remove languages.

I was able to do that, which gave me all Japanese menus (which isn't
wanted, but can be lived with), but no Japanese input (which is
needed).

Ideally, it would be nice to have English menus combined with the
ability to input text in Japanese.

I'll get back to it in a couple of days.

Lyle