Re: [tlug] sd-cards with wifi: nice small linux systems

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
I guess, I have about 10% chance to get the timing right to be able to
preview a picture.
Then, I cannot delete them and I have to re-download them if I need
(preview data is thrown away)... and these a few tens of MB/pic for
D800...

Does it mean there is no way (to stop/start the system and wifi, with for instance a button),
so it becomes a "normal" SD card?
If it is impossible to access data (let say pics) without an internal system running, using all
battery resources, what is really the point of such cards ?
For instance, I use my camera maybe 4-6 times a year. Usually I just take it from a desk,
and it still has battery enough (I recharge it *after* I use it, generally - of course, after not using for
for 6 months, this could be not possible).

If my understanding is correct, which advantage with this card ?

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.