Re: [tlug] Sounds of Silence - SOLVED

On 08/07/2013 05:42 PM, Darren Cook wrote:
Isn't this a bit fragile? (e.g. it sounds like if you ran skype as root,
or if a pulse server was actually running on localhost, the behaviour
would be different.)

Hmmm ... you've got a point. I use localhost for another function, as well and I never thought there'd be a conflict.

Wouldn't it work just as well, but be more predictable, to use some
server IP you can be sure would never exist, e.g.

    PULSE_SERVER=10.200.200.200 /usr/bin/skype &

I'll try that and reboot.

--
CL