Re: [tlug] Reverse DNS Delegatation

Curt Sampson writes:

 > So first, if you don't have a /24, and you also don't have
 > a good explanation of how you'd have the ISP delegate
 > 1.220.73.198.in-addr.arpa. to your DNS servers without delegating
 > 255.220.73.198.in-addr.arpa. as well, you need to find that explanation
 > or you should probably give up your quest for delegation.

Isn't it trivial?  Just delegate the whole 1.220.73.198.in-addr.arpa.
zone, all 1 possible domains[sic] of it.  (No, I'm not looking at the
RFCs so I'm not 100% sure that will work, but it would need a special
case to stop it from working.)  If the user has a /31, do it twice.
Etc.

This is kind of stupid, of course.  If I were an ISP I don't think I'd
allow it; it doesn't actually do the user any good, but does permit
them to screw up a configuration that appears to the rest of the world
to be under control of the ISP.