Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>> Maybe it broadcasts up and out, but not down?  Try turning it on its side
>> and see what happens with the signal in the room under it.
>
> This will change the polarizaiton of the antenna, so you'll want to make
> sure you turn all your other devices using that access point on their
> sides, too. :-)

Do antennas have polarization, or was that a joke?

A joke probably.  The antenna would likely be on or towards the top of the router and the electronics and whatnot below it could possibly interfere with the signal in the downward direction I was thinking...