Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:10:40 +0800
- From: JP Loh <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- References: <51AED746.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check out Indiegogo ( http://www.indiegogo.com/ ) if you haven't. According to them they are the leading international crowdfunding platform. I've seen a couple of campaigns there as well.On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Darren Cook <email@example.com> wrote:
I just went to create my first Kickstarter project to encourage
accelerated development of an upgrade for an open source project (that I
use, not that I develop), and discovered I need to be a U.S. or U.K.
I may have a solution for that particular case, but it got me wondering
if there are alternative ways to finance this kind of thing, specially
designed for open source? E.g. maybe donations could count as charitable
donations for tax purposes if it is open source, which I don't think is
the case with Kickstarter donations?
I like the Kickstarter idea of setting a target, making it very visible;
compared to say a bunch of Paypal donations.
Darren Cook, Software Researcher/Developer
http://dcook.org/work/ (About me and my work)
http://dcook.org/blogs.html (My blogs and articles)
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
please see the instructions at http://lists.tlug.jp/list.html
The TLUG mailing list is hosted by ASAHI Net, provider of mobile and
fixed broadband Internet services to individuals and corporations.
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
- [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- Next by Date: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
- Next by thread: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links