Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Dust busters?: Check For Bulged Capacitors
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:34:36 -0400
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?: Check For Bulged Capacitors
- References: <519C7348.email@example.com>
On Wed, 22 May 2013 16:27:04 +0900, Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > My dell notebook (2.5 years old) sometimes overheats and suddenly shuts > down. And it is getting worse. (*) > But this year it has died when the temperature is "only" in the high > fifties. Ah, so maybe it's _not_ overheating. Another possibility is bad caps. Look for bulged caps. Unfortunately, this requires disassembly. Also try another power supply. Swapping power supplies is much easier that disassembling the laptop to inspect. There's a general debugging rule of thumb to try the easy stuff first.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
- [tlug] Dust busters?
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?: Hair on Plastic
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links