Re: [tlug] Dust busters?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 16:27:04 +0900, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> I wondered if there is such a thing as a very small, very powerful
> vacumn cleaner? Something that will suck all the dust out of the inside
> of my notebook.

A "vacuum" can only suck at atmospheric pressure. To "suck"
more powerfully, one needs a higher atmospheric pressure.
I.e., put the laptop in a high pressure chamber. A hose
venting to normal atmosphere would be the "vacuum hose".

For cheap compressed air, use an air compressor. A car shop
will likely blast your laptop with compressed air for free
and giggles.

Remember to remove any hard drives while sucking or blasting.

The boring mundane way of cleaning your laptop is disassembly.
That requires patience and discipline. Some folks have those
and are not fazed by messing with disassembling laptops.
Unfortunately, most folks don't have both patience and discipline.